We are currently looking to hire into our Southampton based Real Estate team and welcome applications from Commercial Property Solicitors with broad ranging property experience. The team acts for investors, developers, banks, occupiers, local authorities and charities and is highly regarded for its work.
If successful you can expect a balance of public and private sector work and your responsibilities might include but not be limited to retail leases and agreements, mixed use site development matters, due diligence and client support in conjunction with more senior fee earners. This role will support prestigious clients on high value deals, in a fast paced and dynamic environment. The successfully appointed candidate will be given an opportunity to work on a variety of matters, both autonomously and as part of the wider team.
We can provide you with an excellent platform to develop both your technical ability and business development skills within a supportive and thriving team.
Whilst you will be part of a large real estate team which spans our other offices (especially London, Oxford, Reading and Cardiff), you will be working exclusively in the real estate team in our Southampton office. You will likely soon develop close client relationships that will endure through your career. Our encouragement of a decent work/life balance and complimentary interests will help you towards a strong long-term profile in this region.
You will be able to rely on support from team members across the firm. Our lawyer teams are also well supported by our Business Services Finance, HR, IT and Risk functions.
We are currently working remotely and will continue to work predominantly in this way on an informal basis until government guidelines change and likely beyond. Therefore, so as long as you would be able to come to one of our offices at least twice per week, client and team requirements depending, you will be able to undertake this role. You will be a core part of the team and able to access the technology, support and resources you require.
We are looking for a solicitor to assist with and work alongside all members of our commercial property team. Typical workload will involve:
* Supporting and/or taking full responsibility for deals by drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts, leases, licences, transfers, deeds, etc.
* Undertaking due diligence tasks by reviewing and reporting on title, raising enquiries, reviewing searches
* Liaising with clients and lawyers on the other side of transactions
* Obtaining quotes for indemnity policies, liaising with insurance brokers and underwriters as appropriate
* Undertaking legal research
* Attending client or all parties' meetings
* Participating in business development events
Skills / Experience Required
Your experience will probably have been acquired at a leading national or regional firm where you have been involved in good quality real estate work (including retail leases and agreements and development matters).
We expect candidates for the position to have the following personal attributes:
* Confident and personable
* Strong technical competence
* Commercial approach
* Relevant sector expertise
* Excellent communication skills and able to explain complex matters to clients without a legal background
* A team player
* Resilient and adaptable
* Willingness to get involved and assist with practice and sector development
* Ability to establish a rapport with clients both face to face and via telephone or email, in order to ensure impeccable client service
* Motivated and ambitious
* Committed to rigour around treating all clients fairly
* Focused on attributing dedication, determination and loyalty to colleagues, clients and communities
* Able to demonstrate continuous development and diversity in thinking
* Understands and complies with Information Security responsibilities commensurate with this role including Data Protection and the duty of confidentiality
Blake Morgan is one of the UK's leading full service law firms, with offices in London, Wales, Thames Valley and the South Coast region. We provide our clients with practical and straightforward legal advice whatever their regional, national and international requirements. Our clients are commercial businesses, not-for-profit organisations, government agencies and private individuals.
Our business groups are:
Employment, Pensions, Benefits & Immigration
Commercial Litigation South / Wales
Commercial Litigation London / TV
Banking and Finance
Commercial and Charities
How to Apply
Please apply on our website through our Online Portal.
If you have any questions, please email Jo Burnham at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 023 8085 7079.
Please note that we are currently only accepting CVs from direct applicants.
Our Culture and Environment
We pride ourselves on our Personality, which is weaved into everything we do for our staff, clients and communities alike. We have created an environment underpinned by our ACTS framework that places high value on being:
It's part of the way we like to do things. If you wish to work amongst colleagues with these behaviours, then you will find yourself amongst likeminded individuals at Blake Morgan.
We work as one team and believe in supporting our colleagues to strengthen the firm. We act honestly and openly in all that we do. We care for our communities and encourage all our people to actively participate in our sports, social and charitable activities. We foster a mature and smart flexible working environment which is family friendly. We also offer opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge and to progress within the firm via our Blake Morgan Academy.
Blake Morgan strives to create and maintain a positive, non-discriminatory work environment. We will ensure that all applications for vacancies will be considered without discrimination against any person on the basis of race, colour, religion, disability, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or marital status. We strive to ensure that our shortlisting and interviewing panels are diverse. Further details about our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion can be found here.
Some of the benefits of working at Blake Morgan include:
* 26 days' annual holiday and option to purchase 1 weeks' leave
* Birthday holiday, should your birthday fall on a working day
* Performance related bonus scheme
* Private medical insurance including access to a health advice helpline
* Auto-enrolment pension scheme (5% employer pension contribution when employee contributes 3%)
* Life assurance scheme
* Critical illness cover
* Cash Plan - claim for flu jab, health screening, optical and dental plus a range of wellbeing and health services
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Professional subscriptions
* Season ticket loan (Cardiff, London and Reading)
* Cycle to work scheme
* Discounts at leading retailers
* Volunteering leave
* Recruitment referral scheme
* Gifts at key lifestyle and career milestones