We are looking for an administrator to join our Post Completion Team in the Cardiff office. The role would ideally suit someone with previous experience as an Administrator or Coordinator within a commercial, public sector or professional services environment. Previous Land Registry experience would be desirable, but training will be provided for the successful applicant.
The role involves the following:
* Preparation of Land Registry forms and lodging applications via the portal
* Drafting and submitting SDLT/LTT returns and paying any liability due
* Submission of Companies House registrations
* Reviewing requisitions received on applications and chasing relevant parties
* Actioning chasers within PCT calendar
* Renewing OS searches
Skills / Experience Required
* Good organisational skills
* Ability to prioritise
* Attention to detail
* Good communication skills
* Previous Land Registry/SDLT/LTT/Companies House knowledge would be helpful
* Committed to rigour around treating all clients fairly
* Focused on attributing dedication, determination and loyalty to colleagues, clients and communities
* Able to demonstrate continuous development and diversity in thinking
* Understands and complies with Information Security responsibilities commensurate with this role including Data Protection and the duty of confidentiality
Blake Morgan is committed to adopting Smart Working practices, where appropriate in the context of business needs, and empowering colleagues to maximise their performance. Whilst we strive to ensure consistency of approach across the firm, there will inevitably be some differences in working practices across our business groups and business support functions. We consider each colleague's personal preferences, working styles and development needs when deciding the best arrangements to suit our clients and colleagues. A typical approach would be a blend of working in your usual office, working from another Blake Morgan office, working from a client's office and working from home. A Guide to getting the most out of Smart Working Policy is available for our colleagues. You will be a core part of the team and able to access the technology, support, training and resources you require.
Blake Morgan is one of the UK's leading full-service law firms, with offices in London, Wales, Thames Valley and the South Coast region. We provide our clients with practical and straightforward legal advice whatever their regional, national and international requirements. Our clients are commercial businesses, not-for-profit organisations, government agencies and private individuals.
Our business groups are:
Banking and Finance
Business Support Services
Commercial and Charities
Commercial Recoveries and Travel
Employment, Pensions, Benefits & Immigration
Our office locations and details of how to reach them are found here.
How to Apply
Please apply on our website through our Online Portal.
Closing Date: Within two months from date of posting but please note we are continually reviewing applications so we would recommend applying sooner rather than later.
Interviews: The interview process will start as soon as suitable candidates have been identified. We will notify you in advance if you are required to carry out a drafting exercise/skills test as part of the interview process.
If you have any questions, please email Rob Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 023 8085 7441.
Please note that we are currently only accepting CVs from direct applicants. We do not accept CVs from recruitment agencies unless terms and conditions have been agreed in advance with our Resourcing Team.
Some of the benefits of working at Blake Morgan include:
* 26 days' annual holiday and option to purchase 1 weeks' leave
* Birthday holiday
* My Time – one working week off for community, faith-based festivals, volunteering, or wellbeing activities
* Profit Share Scheme
* Performance related bonus scheme
* Private medical insurance including access to a health advice helpline
* Auto-enrolment pension scheme (5% employer pension contribution when employee contributes 3%)
* Life assurance scheme
* Critical illness cover
* Cash Plan - claim for flu jab, health screening, optical and dental plus a range of wellbeing and health services
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Professional subscriptions
* Free parking or travel season ticket loan depending on your office location
* Cycle to work scheme
* Discounts at leading retailers
* Recruitment referral scheme
* Gifts at key lifestyle and career milestones