We are looking for an experienced legal support assistant / legal executive / paralegal / solicitor (12 month FTC) with residential conveyancing experience to join our property team in Southampton. We will consider full or part time.
The team in Southampton is focusing its residential offering on residential transactions of existing residential properties and providing services to small and medium sized house builders. The team used to work for a range of large volume house builders. The team has an interesting non-transactional, largely non-client facing, role for the right candidate. Under minimal lawyer supervision, the role will include:
* Assisting partners/solicitors with the legacy of the volume house builder practice
* Dealing with other solicitors, work providers and clients with post-completion enquiries
* Liaising with agents and clients by way of updates, correspondence and telephone calls
* File closing
The successful candidate will enjoy working in property and have good client management skills, a positive approach to team working as well as the ability to work on their own initiative, organise themselves and their work. The position requires someone who is approachable and confident. The role is non-transactional and largely non-client facing. It will appeal to candidates who enjoy tackling challenges, thinking laterally and who can be creative in solving problems. Flexibility in both work content and working across teams is essential. Joining us will mean you will have exposure to a wide range of high quality work and a degree of autonomy and support that is hard to match.
Skills / Experience Required
You will have a proven track record in the residential property field. Confident, enthusiastic and personable, able to deal effectively with demanding clients.
* Good communication skills (oral and written)
* Proven IT skills, MS Office experience essential
* Excellent organisation skills
* Exemplary client relationship management skills and commitment to service excellence
* A team player - willing to support others and be flexible
* Motivated and ambitious
* Committed to rigour around treating all clients fairly
* Focused on attributing dedication, determination and loyalty to colleagues, clients and communities
* Able to demonstrate continuous development and diversity in thinking
* Understands and complies with Information Security responsibilities commensurate with this role including Data Protection and the duty of confidentiality
You will be able to rely on support from team members across the firm. Our lawyer teams are also well supported by our Business Services Finance, HR, IT and Risk functions.
We are currently working remotely and will continue to work predominantly in this way on an informal basis until government guidelines change and likely beyond. Therefore, so as long as you would be able to come to one of our offices at least twice per week, client and team requirements depending, you will be able to undertake this role. You will be a core part of the team and able to access the technology, support and resources you require.
Blake Morgan is one of the UK's leading full service law firms, with offices in London, Wales, Thames Valley and the South Coast region. We provide our clients with practical and straightforward legal advice whatever their regional, national and international requirements. Our clients are commercial businesses, not-for-profit organisations, government agencies and private individuals.
Our business groups are:
Banking and Finance
Commercial and Charities
Commercial Recoveries and Travel
Employment, Pensions, Benefits & Immigration
How to Apply
Please apply on our website through our Online Portal.
If you have any questions, please email Jo Burnham at email@example.com or telephone on 023 8085 7079.
Please note that we are currently only accepting CVs from direct applicants.
Our Culture and Environment
We pride ourselves on our Personality, which is weaved into everything we do for our staff, clients and communities alike. We have created an environment underpinned by our ACTS framework that places high value on being:
It's part of the way we like to do things. If you wish to work amongst colleagues with these behaviours, then you will find yourself amongst likeminded individuals at Blake Morgan.
We work as one team and believe in supporting our colleagues to strengthen the firm. We act honestly and openly in all that we do. We care for our communities and encourage all our people to actively participate in our sports, social and charitable activities. We foster a mature and smart flexible working environment which is family friendly. We also offer opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge and to progress within the firm via our Blake Morgan Academy.
Blake Morgan strives to create and maintain a positive, non-discriminatory work environment. We will ensure that all applications for vacancies will be considered without discrimination against any person on the basis of race, colour, religion, disability, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or marital status. We strive to ensure that our shortlisting and interviewing panels are diverse. Further details about our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion can be found here.
Some of the benefits of working at Blake Morgan include:
* 26 days' annual holiday and option to purchase 1 weeks' leave
* Birthday holiday, should your birthday fall on a working day
* Performance related bonus scheme
* Private medical insurance including access to a health advice helpline
* Auto-enrolment pension scheme (5% employer pension contribution when employee contributes 3%)
* Life assurance scheme
* Critical illness cover
* Cash Plan - claim for flu jab, health screening, optical and dental plus a range of wellbeing and health services
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Professional subscriptions
* Cycle to work scheme
* Discounts at leading retailers
* Volunteering leave
* Recruitment referral scheme