We have an exciting opportunity for a Corporate lawyer with between 2-6 PQE to be based in our Reading, Southampton or Cardiff office. This position represents an excellent opportunity to build strong foundations for a prosperous career whilst being exposed to top quality corporate work. From the outset you will be involved in challenging technical work and be given every resource and support needed to progress your career. We operate a flexible working policy with currently two teams’ days per week in the Reading office.
The positions offer the opportunity to work on a broad variety of matters. You will have experience of and typically be involved in the following:
* Private Equity / Venture Capital
* Capital markets listings / IPOs
* Public company takeovers
* Group restructurings
* Corporate advisory matters
Skills / Experience Required
You will have between 3 and 6 years' PQE and relevant corporate law experience gained with a recognised regional or London commercial firm. A proven track record or keen interest in business development and client relationship management is highly desirable as is a commercial approach.
Personal qualities we seek include:
* Strong technical expertise
* Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels
* Commercial outlook
* Dedication to exceptional client service delivery
* Proactive style and ability to act on your own initiative
* Dedication, determination and loyalty to colleagues, clients and communities
* Collegiate and team-playing approach
* Relationship-driven and people oriented
* Solid relevant technical expertise and intellectual ability
* Enthusiastic and committed to a career in clinical negligence work
* Strong analytical skills
* Excellent client care skills
* Self-motivation and the ability to assume responsibility for your own matters
Blake Morgan is one of the UK's leading full-service law firms, with offices in London, Wales, Thames Valley and the South Coast region. We provide our clients with practical and straightforward legal advice whatever their regional, national and international requirements. Our clients are commercial businesses, not-for-profit organisations, government agencies and private individuals.
The Blake Morgan corporate team is based in Cardiff, London, Reading and Southampton and is top ranked by the Independent Legal Directories. It comprises specialist lawyers, and has an international portfolio of multi-national client companies (public and private), SMEs, owner managed businesses and start-ups with a need for high quality corporate and M&A support and advice. The team handles over 100 transactions in each year, with deal values ranging on average from around £25m to £100m +.
Our business groups are:
Banking and Finance
Business Support Services
Commercial and Charities
Commercial Recoveries and Travel
Employment, Pensions, Benefits & Immigration
Our office locations and details of how to reach them are found here.
How to Apply
Please apply on our website through our Online Portal.
Closing Date: Within two months from date of posting but please note we are continually reviewing applications so we would recommend applying sooner rather than later.
Interviews: The interview process will start as soon as suitable candidates have been identified. We will notify you in advance if you are required to carry out a drafting exercise/skills test as part of the interview process.
If you have any questions, please email Rob Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we are currently only accepting CVs from instructed agencies and direct applicants. We do not accept CVs from recruitment agencies unless terms and conditions have been agreed in advance with our Resourcing Team.
Our Culture and Environment
We pride ourselves on our Personality, which is weaved into everything we do for our colleagues, clients and communities alike. We have created an environment underpinned by our ACTS framework that places high value on being:
It's part of the way we like to do things. If you wish to work amongst colleagues with these behaviours, then you will find yourself amongst likeminded individuals at Blake Morgan.
We work as one team and believe in supporting our colleagues to strengthen the firm. We act honestly and openly in all that we do. We care for our communities and encourage all our people to actively participate in our sports, social and charitable activities. We foster a mature and smart flexible working environment which is family friendly. We also offer opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge and to progress within the firm via our Blake Morgan Academy. We seek to be transparent in all of our dealings with applicants and ensure that you have all the information you need to understand our recruitment process to decide whether or not the role and our firm are right for you. If you have any questions, please email Rob Brown at email@example.com.
Some of the benefits of working at Blake Morgan include:
* 26 days' annual holiday and option to purchase 1 weeks' leave
* Birthday holiday
* Profit Share Scheme
* Performance related bonus scheme
* Target Plus (rolling bonus scheme)
* Private medical insurance including access to a health advice helpline
* Auto-enrolment pension scheme (5% employer pension contribution when employee contributes 3%)
* Life assurance scheme
* Critical illness cover
* Cash Plan - claim for flu jab, health screening, optical and dental plus a range of wellbeing and health services
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Professional subscriptions
* Free parking or travel season ticket loan depending on your office location
* Cycle to work scheme
* Discounts at leading retailers
* Recruitment referral scheme
* Gifts at key lifestyle and career milestones