We are currently looking to hire an associate (4+ PQE) into our substantial and highly regarded Real Estate team in London and the role on offer is a great opportunity to develop; the prospects for advancement are real. The team provides advice on all areas of real estate and acts for a wide range of clients including developers, retailers, social housing, banks and lending institutions.
We can provide you with an excellent platform to develop both your technical ability and business development skills within a supportive and thriving team. You will likely soon develop close client relationships that will endure throughout your career. Our encouragement of a decent work/life balance and complementary interests will help you towards a strong long-term profile in this region.
This role has opportunities for flexible working dependent upon client and team requirements. You will be a core part of the team and able to access the technology, support and resources you require. Our lawyer teams are also well supported by our Business Services Finance, HR, IT and Risk functions.
More information about our practice can be found here.
If successful, you can expect a mix of commercial property work. Your responsibilities might include but not be limited to:
* Purchase, sale and development of commercial property
* Good quality investment, development work and asset management
* Complex landlord and tenant and advice
* Secured lending/property finance
* Acquisition disposals
* Acting on behalf of high profile banks and developers
Skills / Experience Required
* Confident and personable
* General Commercial Property background
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
* Strong client and matter management skills
* A track record of successful practice development
* IT proficient
* Exceptional self-motivation and ability to assume responsibility for your own matters
* Committed to rigour around treating all clients fairly
* Focused on attributing dedication, determination and loyalty to colleagues, clients and communities
* Able to demonstrate continuous development and diversity in thinking
* Understands and complies with Information Security responsibilities commensurate with this advertised role including Data Protection and the duty of confidentiality
Blake Morgan is one of the UK's leading full-service law firms, with offices in London, Wales, Thames Valley and the South Coast region. We provide our clients with practical and straightforward legal advice whatever their regional, national and international requirements. Our clients are commercial businesses, not-for-profit organisations, government agencies and private individuals.
Our business groups are:
Banking and Finance
Business Support Services
Commercial and Charities
Commercial Recoveries and Travel
Employment, Pensions, Benefits & Immigration
Our office locations and details of how to reach them are found here.
How to Apply
Please apply on our website through our Online Portal.
Closing Date: Within two months from date of posting but please note we are continually reviewing applications so we would recommend applying sooner rather than later.
Interviews: The interview process will start as soon as suitable candidates have been identified. We will notify you in advance if you are required to carry out a drafting exercise/skills test as part of the interview process.
If you have any questions, please email Rob Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 023 8085 7441.
Please note that we are currently only accepting CVs from direct applicants.
Our Culture and Environment
We pride ourselves on our Personality, which is weaved into everything we do for our colleagues, clients and communities alike. We have created an environment underpinned by our ACTS framework that places high value on being:
It's part of the way we like to do things. If you wish to work amongst colleagues with these behaviours, then you will find yourself amongst likeminded individuals at Blake Morgan.
We work as one team and believe in supporting our colleagues to strengthen the firm. We act honestly and openly in all that we do. We care for our communities and encourage all our people to actively participate in our sports, social and charitable activities. We foster a mature and smart flexible working environment which is family friendly. We also offer opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge and to progress within the firm via our Blake Morgan Academy. We seek to be transparent in all of our dealings with applicants and ensure that you have all the information you need to understand our recruitment process to decide whether or not the role and our firm are right for you. If you have any questions, please email Rob Brown at email@example.com or telephone on 023 8085 7441.
Blake Morgan strives to create and maintain a positive, non-discriminatory work environment. We will ensure that all applications for vacancies will be considered without discrimination against any person on the basis of race, colour, religion, disability, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or marital status. We strive to ensure that our shortlisting and interviewing panels are diverse. Further details about our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion can be found here.
Some of the benefits of working at Blake Morgan include:
* 26 days' annual holiday and option to purchase 1 weeks' leave
* Birthday holiday
* My Time – one working week off for community, faith-based festivals, volunteering, or wellbeing activities
* Profit Share Scheme
* Performance related bonus scheme
* Target Plus (rolling bonus scheme)
* Private medical insurance including access to a health advice helpline
* Auto-enrolment pension scheme (5% employer pension contribution when employee contributes 3%)
* Life assurance scheme
* Critical illness cover
* Cash Plan - claim for flu jab, health screening, optical and dental plus a range of wellbeing and health services
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Professional subscriptions
* Free parking or travel season ticket loan depending on your office location
* Cycle to work scheme
* Discounts at leading retailers
* Recruitment referral scheme
* Gifts at key lifestyle and career milestones