Our Regulatory Business Group are looking to hire case managers to respond to increasing volumes of work and new client wins. The successful case manager may be based out of our Cardiff, Reading or Southampton office. It's a great time to join the Regulatory Business Group whilst we grow and hire paralegals, case managers and advocates.
Our case managers act for a range of clients in matters before courts in England and Wales (including the High Court) and regulatory tribunals.
You will be able to rely on support from team members across the firm. Our lawyer teams are also well supported by our Business Services Finance, HR, IT and Risk functions.
We are committed to flexible and agile working arrangements which we are happy to discuss with you. Team members currently attend the office on 2 days each week.
It's a great time to join the Regulatory Business Group whilst we grow and hire paralegals, case managers and advocates.
As a case manager, you will:
* Assess the concerns which have been raised and prepare a case plan setting out what further evidence may need to be obtained as part of our investigation.
* Assess the risk identified by the concerns and advise whether an interim order restricting or prohibiting practice needs to be obtained.
* Oversee the investigation of the case by one of our investigators or conduct the investigation yourself. This includes interviewing witnesses and preparing statements.
* Prepare a report at the end of the investigation advising on the strength of the evidence, recommending what action might be taken and, in appropriate cases, draft an allegation.
* Keep the client and the person under investigation regularly informed of progress and contribute to the collation of monthly MI on our performance against KPIs.
Experience of regulatory investigations is helpful but you may have acquired the relevant skills in other areas of practice. Full support, induction and ongoing training is offered as part of this role.
Skills / Experience Required
* Previous case management experience is essential to the success of this role
* Solid relevant technical expertise and intellectual ability
* Strong analytical skills
* Dedication, determination and loyalty to colleagues, clients and communities
* Collegiate and team-playing approach
* Relationship-driven, approachable and people oriented
* Excellent client care skills
* Exceptional self-motivation and ability to assume responsibility for your own matters
* Committed to rigour around treating all clients fairly
* Focused on attributing dedication, determination and loyalty to colleagues, clients and communities
* Able commitment to continuous development and diversity
* Understands and complies with Information Security responsibilities commensurate with this role including Data Protection and the duty of confidentiality
Blake Morgan is one of the UK's leading full service law firms, with offices in London, Wales, Thames Valley and the South Coast region. We provide our clients with practical and straightforward legal advice whatever their regional, national and international requirements. Our clients are commercial businesses, not-for-profit organisations, government agencies and private individuals.
Our business groups are:
Banking and Finance
Commercial and Charities
Commercial Recoveries and Travel
Employment, Pensions, Benefits & Immigration
Our office locations and details of how to reach them are found here.
Our Regulatory Business Group is recognised in both Chambers and Legal 500 as a highly regarded team specialising in advising professional regulators. Our clients include regulators and professionals in a number of sectors including health and social care, accountancy and education.
We have one of the largest teams in the country, comprising solicitors, barristers, CILEX lawyers, paralegals and trainees and we are supported by a dedicated professional support lawyer and an experienced administrative team.
More information about our Regulatory practice can be found here.
How to Apply
Please apply on our website through our Online Portal.
Closing Date: Within two months from date of posting but please note we are continually reviewing applications so we would recommend applying sooner rather than later.
Interviews: The interview process will start as soon as suitable candidates have been identified. We will notify you in advance if you are required to carry out a drafting exercise/skills test as part of the interview process.
If you have any questions, please email Nicole Laming at email@example.com or telephone on 023 8085 7398.
Please note that we are currently only accepting CVs from direct applicants.
Our Culture and Environment
We pride ourselves on our personality, which is weaved into everything we do for our staff, clients and communities alike. We have created an environment underpinned by our ACTS framework that places high value on being:
It's part of the way we like to do things. If you wish to work amongst colleagues with these behaviours, then you will find yourself amongst likeminded individuals at Blake Morgan.
We work as one team and believe in supporting our colleagues to strengthen the firm. We act honestly and openly in all that we do. We care for our communities and encourage all our people to actively participate in our sports, social and charitable activities. We foster a mature and smart flexible working environment which is family friendly. We also offer opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge and to progress within the firm via our Blake Morgan Academy. We seek to be transparent in all of our dealings with applicants and ensure that you have all the information you need to understand our recruitment process to decide whether or not the role and our firm are right for you. If you have any questions, please email Nicole Laming at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 023 8085 7398.
Blake Morgan strives to create and maintain a positive, non-discriminatory work environment. We will ensure that all applications for vacancies will be considered without discrimination against any person on the basis of race, colour, religion, disability, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or marital status. We strive to ensure that our shortlisting and interviewing panels are diverse. Further details about our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion can be found here.
When you join us, you can expect a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits. Read about them here