Whilst you will be based in our Cardiff, Reading or Southampton offices we are currently working remotely and so as long as you would be willing to come the office on occasion, you may not necessarily need to be currently based there. You will be a core part of the team and able to access the technology, support and resources you require.
You will be able to rely on support from team members across the firm. Our lawyer teams are also well supported by our Business Services Finance, HR, IT and Risk functions.
Our Commercial and Charities business group operates across all of our regions to provide seamless service to our clients no matter where they are based. A key area of focus for the practice is Data Protection and Information Governance and we are looking to appoint an expert in this area, to develop this specialism firm wide.
The scope of the role will include providing advice in respect of data sharing and complex export arrangements; responses to Information Commissioner Office (ICO) complaints and investigations; subject access requests, freedom of information issues and data privacy impact statements. You will be involved in drafting privacy notices, consent forms and records of processing activities and providing advice on compliance matters. The role also involves designing and delivering client training and provision of sessions on a wide range of data protection compliance, information governance and GDPR matters.
Skills / Experience Required
You will be an experienced lawyer, able to work with limited supervision and with a strong background in good quality commercial contract work. You will be experienced in structuring and implementing PPPs across a range of sectors and in providing oversight to clients as the projects advance.
You will have practiced at a firm well regarded in this area of law and be looking to move your career to the next level.
* Strong technical competence
* Intellectual ability
* Commercial awareness
* Good drafting skills
* A team player – willing to support others and be flexible
* Confident and personable
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
* Enjoys client contact with ability to build rapport and confidence
* Well regarded where you are
* Willingness to get involved and assist with practices and sector development
* Excellent IT skills
* Committed to rigour around treating all clients fairly
* Focused on attributing dedication, determination and loyalty to colleagues, clients and communities
* Able to demonstrate continuous development and diversity in thinking
* Understands and complies with Information Security responsibilities commensurate with this role including Data Protection and the duty of confidentiality
Blake Morgan is one of the UK's leading full service law firms, with offices in London, Wales, Thames Valley and the South Coast region. We provide our clients with practical and straightforward legal advice whatever their regional, national and international requirements. Our clients are commercial businesses, not-for-profit organisations, government agencies and private individuals.
Blake Morgan has developed excellence in all areas of commercial law within the private, public and third sectors. Our practice is highly regarded and we provide expert advice around public sector contracting, commercial outsourcing and joint ventures. We pride ourselves on being outcome focused and getting under the skin of our clients from a broad range of sectors including local authority, leisure, education, healthcare and education.
Our business groups are:
Employment, Pensions, Benefits & Immigration
Commercial Litigation South / Wales
Commercial Litigation London / TV
Banking and Finance
Commercial and Charities
How to Apply
Please apply on our website through our Online Portal.
If you have any questions, please email Jo Godwin at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01865 254288.
Please note that we are currently only accepting CVs from instructed agencies and direct applicants.
Our Culture and Environment
We pride ourselves on our Personality, which is weaved into everything we do for our staff, clients and communities alike. We have created an environment underpinned by our ACTS framework that places high value on being:
It's part of the way we like to do things. If you wish to work amongst colleagues with these behaviours, then you will find yourself amongst likeminded individuals at Blake Morgan.
We work as one team and believe in supporting our colleagues to strengthen the firm. We act honestly and openly in all that we do. We care for our communities and encourage all our people to actively participate in our sports, social and charitable activities. We foster a mature and smart flexible working environment which is family friendly. We also offer opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge and to progress within the firm via our Blake Morgan Academy.
Blake Morgan strives to create and maintain a positive, non-discriminatory work environment. We will ensure that all applications for vacancies will be considered without discrimination against any person on the basis of race, colour, religion, disability, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or marital status. We strive to ensure that our shortlisting and interviewing panels are diverse. Further details about our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion can be found here.
Some of the benefits of working at Blake Morgan include:
* 27 days' annual holiday and option to purchase 1 weeks' leave
* Birthday holiday, should your birthday fall on a working day
* Performance related bonus scheme
* Private medical insurance including access to a health advice helpline
* Auto-enrolment pension scheme (5% employer pension contribution when employee contributes 3%)
* Life assurance scheme
* Critical illness cover
* Cash Plan - claim for flu jab, health screening, optical and dental plus a range of wellbeing and health services
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Professional subscriptions
* Season ticket loan (Cardiff, London and Reading)
* Cycle to work scheme
* Discounts at leading retailers
* Volunteering leave
* Recruitment referral scheme
* Gifts at key lifestyle and career milestones