A Revenue Control Assistant is required to work full time within the Finance team, they will be based at our New Kings Court office in Southampton. Reporting to the Credit Control Supervisor, the successful candidate will be a proactive member of a team with a can do attitude.
The right candidate will predominately be assisting the credit control team in the collection of cash and aged debts and working closely with other members of Finance. They will also be assisting on the day to day management of rates and time recording. Training will be provided to understand the revenue function and the importance their role plays within the business. This is a frontline role and building relationships with internal and external stakeholders is important.
* Assisting the Credit Control team
* Creation and analysis of reports
* Assisting the Billing and Revenue teams where required
* Tackling queries efficiently and effectively
* Assisting the Credit Control Supervisor on ad hoc duties
The role will include the following duties:
* Working in the Credit Control team in cash collection and the reduction of aged debts
* Issuing Aged Debt reports across all Business Groups
* Assisting with the credit control group inbox
* Correspond with clients and fee earners via telephone, email and in person. Build professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* Having one to one WiP (work in progress) meetings with Fee Earners. Providing up to date reports in preparations of meetings. Collating information from WiP meetings and updating sheets.
* Applying rates for clients and teams within the Peppermint system. Maintaining rates spreadsheet and creation of new rates. Addressing all rates queries via group inbox on a daily basis.
* Recalculating WiP when necessary.
* Completing time transfer and write offs and managing time recording
* Assisting the Billing and Revenue teams during busy periods
* Other ad hoc duties as required by the Credit Control Supervisor
Skills / Experience Required
* Confident communicator with an excellent telephone manner
* Strong team player with the ability to work on own initiative
* Enthusiastic and positive can-do attitude
* IT literate – proven Microsoft Excel experience at intermediate level
* Experience working in a legal finance team preferred but not essential
* Good understanding of client service internally and externally. Experience working within a professional environment is an advantage
* Committed to rigour around treating all clients fairly
* Focused on attributing dedication, determination and loyalty to colleagues, clients and communities
* Able to demonstrate continuous development and diversity in thinking
* Understands and complies with Information Security responsibilities commensurate with this advertised role including Data Protection and the duty of confidentiality
Blake Morgan is committed to adopting Smart Working practices, where appropriate in the context of business needs, and empowering employees to maximise their performance. Whilst we strive to ensure consistency of approach across the firm, there will inevitably be some differences in working practices across our business groups and business support functions. We consider each member of staff's personal preferences, working styles and development needs when deciding the best arrangements to suit our clients and colleagues. A typical approach would be a blend of working in your usual office, working from another Blake Morgan office, working from a client's office and working from home. A Guide to getting the most out of Smart Working Policy is available for our employees. You will be a core part of the team and able to access the technology, support, training and resources you require.
How to Apply
Please apply on our website through our Online Portal.
Closing Date: Within two months from date of posting but please note we are continually reviewing applications so we would recommend applying sooner rather than later.
Interviews: The interview process will start as soon as suitable candidates have been identified. We will notify you in advance if you are required to carry out a drafting exercise/skills test as part of the interview process.
If you have any questions, please email Rebecca Donnelly at Rebecca.Donnelly@blakemorgan.co.uk or telephone on 023 8085 7217.
Blake Morgan is one of the UK's leading full service law firms, with offices in London, Wales, Thames Valley and the South Coast region. We provide our clients with practical and straightforward legal advice whatever their regional, national and international requirements. Our clients are commercial businesses, not-for-profit organisations, government agencies and private individuals.
Our business groups are:
Banking and Finance
Commercial and Charities
Commercial Recoveries and Travel
Employment, Pensions, Benefits & Immigration
Our office locations and details of how to reach them are found here.
Our Culture and Environment
We pride ourselves on our Personality, which is weaved into everything we do for our staff, clients and communities alike. We have created an environment underpinned by our ACTS framework that places high value on being:
It's part of the way we like to do things. If you wish to work amongst colleagues with these behaviours, then you will find yourself amongst likeminded individuals at Blake Morgan.
We work as one team and believe in supporting our colleagues to strengthen the firm. We act honestly and openly in all that we do. We care for our communities and encourage all our people to actively participate in our sports, social and charitable activities. We foster a mature and smart flexible working environment which is family friendly. We also offer opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge and to progress within the firm via our Blake Morgan Academy. We seek to be transparent in all of our dealings with applicants and ensure that you have all the information you need to understand our recruitment process to decide whether or not the role and our firm are right for you. If you have any questions, please email Maria Coombe at email@example.com or telephone on 023 9228 2784.
Blake Morgan strives to create and maintain a positive, non-discriminatory work environment. We will ensure that all applications for vacancies will be considered without discrimination against any person on the basis of race, colour, religion, disability, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or marital status. We strive to ensure that our shortlisting and interviewing panels are diverse. Further details about our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion can be found here.
Some of the benefits of working at Blake Morgan include:
* 26 days' annual holiday and option to purchase 1 weeks' leave
* Birthday holiday, should your birthday fall on a working day
* Performance related bonus scheme
* Private medical insurance including access to a health advice helpline
* Auto-enrolment pension scheme (5% employer pension contribution when employee contributes 3%)
* Life assurance scheme
* Critical illness cover
* Cash Plan - claim for flu jab, health screening, optical and dental plus a range of wellbeing and health services
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Professional subscriptions
* Free parking or travel season ticket loan depending on your office location
* Cycle to work scheme
* Discounts at leading retailers
* Volunteering leave
* Recruitment referral scheme
* Gifts at key lifestyle and career milestones