Key duties will include:
* To assist in the handling of both Royal Mail and DX mail
o Ensures incoming post is opened, stamped and scanned to the correct member of staff
o Ensures outgoing mail is complete and ready by the required deadline
o Deals with unclaimed/unidentified mail
* To assist with general admin duties
o Photocopying, ensuring attention to detail and accuracy whilst meeting deadlines
o Maintains stationery and print stocks by ordering weekly/as and when required from our core list, and ensures stock is kept at agreed levels centrally and on the floors.
o Minor maintenance of photocopiers (eg resolving paper jams, replacing toner cartridges etc)
* To assist with Facilities management tasks
o Moving furniture and equipment around the offices, including assisting in the preparation of meeting rooms
o Small DIY tasks which can include repairs and installation of fixtures/fittings
o Ensure that the building is kept clean and tidy at all times and any H&S hazards are escalated and/or deal with.
o Prepare Workstations for starters and equipment removal for leavers
o Liaise with contractors, suppliers and engineers in relation to ad hoc repairs and planned maintenance works
* Retrieval and Archiving of Files
o Check Archiving items received from Restore against work order and identify and notify Archives Team of any not received
o Distribute deeds/files that have been retrieved
o Pass Restore work orders to Archives Team for filing
* To provide cover to the Front of House teams on both Reception and Conference Suite
o taking incoming calls and providing assistance
o booking conference rooms for use as and when required
o arranging taxis and courier services as necessary
* To carry out other ad hoc duties as required from time to time
Skills / Experience Required
* Dedication, determination and loyalty to colleagues, clients and communities
* Collegiate and team-playing approach
* Relationship-driven, approachable and people oriented
* Excellent client care skills
* Committed to rigour around treating all clients fairly
* Focused on attributing dedication, determination and loyalty to colleagues, clients and communities
* Able to demonstrate continuous development and diversity in thinking
* Understands and complies with Information Security responsibilities commensurate with this advertised role including Data Protection and the duty of confidentiality
Blake Morgan is committed to adopting Smart Working practices, where appropriate in the context of business needs, and empowering employees to maximise their performance. Whilst we strive to ensure consistency of approach across the firm, there will inevitably be some differences in working practices across our business groups and business support functions. We consider each member of staff's personal preferences, working styles and development needs when deciding the best arrangements to suit our clients and colleagues. A typical approach would be a blend of working in your usual office, working from another Blake Morgan office, working from a client's office and working from home. A Guide to getting the most out of Smart Working Policy is available for our employees. You will be a core part of the team and able to access the technology, support, training and resources you require.
Blake Morgan is one of the UK's leading full service law firms, with offices in London, Wales, Thames Valley and the South Coast region. We provide our clients with practical and straightforward legal advice whatever their regional, national and international requirements. Our clients are commercial businesses, not-for-profit organisations, government agencies and private individuals.
Our business groups are:
Banking and Finance
Commercial and Charities
Commercial Recoveries and Travel
Employment, Pensions, Benefits & Immigration
Our office locations and details of how to reach them are found here.
How to Apply
Please apply on our website through our Online Portal.
Closing Date: Within two months from date of posting but please note we are continually reviewing applications so we would recommend applying sooner rather than later.
Interviews: The interview process will start as soon as suitable candidates have been identified. We will notify you in advance if you are required to carry out a drafting exercise/skills test as part of the interview process.
If you have any questions, please email Lauren Broad at email@example.com or telephone on 023 8085 7489.
Please note that we are currently only accepting CVs from instructed agencies and direct applicants.
Our Culture and Environment
We pride ourselves on our Personality, which is weaved into everything we do for our staff, clients and communities alike. We have created an environment underpinned by our ACTS framework that places high value on being:
It's part of the way we like to do things. If you wish to work amongst colleagues with these behaviours, then you will find yourself amongst likeminded individuals at Blake Morgan.
We work as one team and believe in supporting our colleagues to strengthen the firm. We act honestly and openly in all that we do. We care for our communities and encourage all our people to actively participate in our sports, social and charitable activities. We foster a mature and smart flexible working environment which is family friendly. We also offer opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge and to progress within the firm via our Blake Morgan Academy. We seek to be transparent in all of our dealings with applicants and ensure that you have all the information you need to understand our recruitment process to decide whether or not the role and our firm are right for you. If you have any questions, please email Lauren Broad at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 023 8085 7489.
Blake Morgan strives to create and maintain a positive, non-discriminatory work environment. We will ensure that all applications for vacancies will be considered without discrimination against any person on the basis of race, colour, religion, disability, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or marital status. We strive to ensure that our shortlisting and interviewing panels are diverse. Further details about our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion can be found here.
Some of the benefits of working at Blake Morgan include:
* 26 days' annual holiday and option to purchase 1 weeks' leave
* Birthday holiday, should your birthday fall on a working day
* Performance related bonus scheme
* Private medical insurance including access to a health advice helpline
* Auto-enrolment pension scheme (5% employer pension contribution when employee contributes 3%)
* Life assurance scheme
* Critical illness cover
* Cash Plan - claim for flu jab, health screening, optical and dental plus a range of wellbeing and health services
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Professional subscriptions
* Free parking or travel season ticket loan depending on your office location
* Cycle to work scheme
* Discounts at leading retailers
* Volunteering leave
* Recruitment referral scheme
* Gifts at key lifestyle and career milestones