We are looking for a Hearings Co-ordinator to join our busy Regulatory team. Your responsibilities will include:
* Managing our advocates’ diaries and scheduling hearings
* Answering high levels of phone and e-mail queries from clients, advocates and other group members
The team is very client focused so we would expect the successful candidate to have a similar approach, with demonstrable experience of client care. This full-time role can be based out of our Cardiff, Reading, Southampton or London office.
Skills / Experience Required
* Team player as well being able to work with a level of autonomy
* Well organised and committed to providing outstanding service levels
* Able to multi-task and take on and complete competing deadlines and priorities
* Strong communicator and excellent interpersonal skills
* Able to resolve issues independently but knowing when to escalate them
* Committed to accuracy and attention to detail
* Committed to treating all clients and colleagues fairly
* Able to demonstrate continuous development and diversity in thinking
* Understands and complies with Information Security responsibilities commensurate with this advertised role including Data Protection and the duty of confidentiality
Our Legal 500, tier 1 ranked Professional Regulatory team has a national profile, providing advice and assistance in all areas of regulatory and professional disciplinary practice. The team comprises partners, barristers, solicitors and paralegals all of whom specialise in regulatory work, but who come from a mix of criminal and civil litigation backgrounds. Our client base continues to grow rapidly and consequently excellent opportunities continue to arise with us.
Blake Morgan is committed to adopting Smart Working practices, where appropriate in the context of business needs, and empowering colleagues to maximise their performance. Whilst we strive to ensure consistency of approach across the firm, there will inevitably be some differences in working practices across our business groups and business support functions. We consider each colleague's personal preferences, working styles and development needs when deciding the best arrangements to suit our clients and colleagues. A typical approach would be a blend of working in your usual office, working from another Blake Morgan office, working from a client's office and working from home. A Guide to getting the most out of Smart Working Policy is available for our colleagues. You will be a core part of the team and able to access the technology, support, training and resources you require.
Blake Morgan is one of the UK's leading full-service law firms, with offices in London, Wales, Thames Valley and the South Coast region. We provide our clients with practical and straightforward legal advice whatever their regional, national and international requirements. Our clients are commercial businesses, not-for-profit organisations, government agencies and private individuals.
Our business groups are:
Banking and Finance
Business Support Services
Commercial and Charities
Commercial Recoveries and Travel
Employment, Pensions, Benefits & Immigration
Our office locations and details of how to reach them are found here.
How to Apply
Please apply on our website through our Online Portal.
Closing Date: Within two months from date of posting but please note we are continually reviewing applications so we would recommend applying sooner rather than later.
Interviews: The interview process will start as soon as suitable candidates have been identified.
If you have any questions, please email Rob Brown at email@example.com or telephone on 023 8085 7441.
Please note that we are currently only accepting CVs from instructed agencies and direct applicants. We do not accept CVs from recruitment agencies unless terms and conditions have been agreed in advance with our Resourcing Team.
Some of the benefits of working at Blake Morgan can be found here.