We are looking for a part-time Information Services Officer (FTC – 12 months) to contribute to the provision of an accurate and efficient legal and business information service for the firm. We're keen to speak to individuals requiring part-time / flexible hours (21-30 hours) and can consider those wishing to be based out of one of our offices on a hybrid basis.
* assist in the provision of an enquiries service delivering legal and business research to fee earners and other staff as requested
* assist in the provision of a current awareness service by monitoring and abstracting newspapers, legal journals and websites to produce daily and weekly bulletins on sectors and clients
* undertake cataloguing and other collection maintenance duties
* help with training existing users and new joiners on electronic research sources
* loose-leafing and other administrative tasks
* provide support for Information Services specific and firm-wide projects and initiatives
Skills / Experience Required
It is essential that the candidate has:
* A minimum of two years' experience in a library role, preferably in a legal environment
* A degree or post-graduate qualification in Information and Library Management, or Information Science
* Detailed knowledge of LexisLibrary, Practicallaw, Lawtel and Westlaw
* Willingness to travel to other offices as required
It is desirable that the candidate has:
* Experience of working in a professional services environment, ideally a City or large firm
* Experience of Manzama or other news aggregator
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they have:
* Accuracy and strong attention to detail
* An ability to work under pressure, on their own initiative and to tight deadlines
* An ability to prioritise effectively
* Commercial awareness
* High integrity and confidentiality standards
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Excellent IT skills
* Energy and enthusiasm
* Solid relevant technical expertise
* Collegiate and team-playing approach
* Relationship-driven and people oriented
* Committed to rigour around treating all clients fairly
* Focused on attributing dedication, determination and loyalty to colleagues, clients and communities
* Able to demonstrate continuous development and diversity in thinking
* Understands and complies with Information Security responsibilities commensurate with this advertised role including Data Protection and the duty of confidentiality
Blake Morgan is committed to adopting Smart Working practices, where appropriate in the context of business needs, and empowering colleagues to maximise their performance. Whilst we strive to ensure consistency of approach across the firm, there will inevitably be some differences in working practices across our business groups and business support functions. We consider each colleague's personal preferences, working styles and development needs when deciding the best arrangements to suit our clients and colleagues. A typical approach would be a blend of working in your usual office, working from another Blake Morgan office, working from a client's office and working from home. A Guide to getting the most out of Smart Working Policy is available for our colleagues. You will be a core part of the team and able to access the technology, support, training and resources you require.
Blake Morgan is one of the UK's leading full-service law firms, with offices in London, Wales, Thames Valley and the South Coast region. We provide our clients with practical and straightforward legal advice whatever their regional, national and international requirements. Our clients are commercial businesses, not-for-profit organisations, government agencies and private individuals.
Our business groups are:
Banking and Finance
Business Support Services
Commercial and Charities
Commercial Recoveries and Travel
Employment, Pensions, Benefits & Immigration
Our office locations and details of how to reach them are found here.
How to Apply
Please apply on our website through our Online Portal.
Closing Date: Within two months from date of posting but please note we are continually reviewing applications so we would recommend applying sooner rather than later.
Interviews: The interview process will start as soon as suitable candidates have been identified. We will notify you in advance if you are required to carry out a drafting exercise/skills test as part of the interview process.
If you have any questions, please email Rob Brown at email@example.com or telephone on 023 8085 7441.
Please note that we are currently only accepting CVs from direct applicants. We do not accept CVs from recruitment agencies unless terms and conditions have been agreed in advance with our Resourcing Team.
Some of the benefits of working at Blake Morgan include:
* 26 days' annual holiday and option to purchase 1 weeks' leave
* Birthday holiday
* My Time – one working week off for community, faith-based festivals, volunteering, or wellbeing activities
* Profit Share Scheme
* Performance related bonus scheme
* Private medical insurance including access to a health advice helpline
* Auto-enrolment pension scheme (5% employer pension contribution when employee contributes 3%)
* Life assurance scheme
* Critical illness cover
* Cash Plan - claim for flu jab, health screening, optical and dental plus a range of wellbeing and health services
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Professional subscriptions
* Free parking or travel season ticket loan depending on your office location
* Cycle to work scheme
* Discounts at leading retailers
* Recruitment referral scheme
* Gifts at key lifestyle and career milestones