As a Junior Applications Developer, you will be part of a small team who are responsible for the ongoing support and development of the firm's various legal applications. You will be in the unique position to witness the impact of your work on a daily within the immediate environment.
Working within an agile environment, you will be responsible for project based and IT day-to-day IT development tasks.
The role will also encompass some consultant responsibilities and the successful candidate will take part in requirements gathering sessions with key stakeholders.
You will work both independently and as part of a team that is constantly seeking to improve and provide great solutions.
Skills / Experience Required
Candidates must understand and comply with Information Security responsibilities commensurate with this role including Data Protection and the duty of confidentiality
The successful candidate will ideally have the following:-
- Degree in Computer Science
- Exposure or experience using the .NET, C# and Visual Studio
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power Platform
- Knowledge of Dynamics 365
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with professional staff in all areas of the business
- Good analytical / problem solving skills
- Good attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Flexibility and good planning / organisational skills
- A strong ambition to pursue a career in software development
* Familiarity with using Atlassian Jira
* Experience of working to agile/scrum practices
* Experience with MS SQL Server, T-SQL and Reporting Services
* Designing and implementing new features in the company's Microsoft Dynamics platform
* Resolving bugs and other issues in applications
* Reinforcing applications with additional unit, integration, and load tests
* Working with business users to identify and document user requirements
* Development and support of our various legal applications
* Identifying, scoping and developing solutions to bring efficiencies to the firm
Our Culture and Environment
Blake Morgan is committed to adopting Smart Working practices, where appropriate in the context of business needs, and empowering employees to maximise their performance. Whilst we strive to ensure consistency of approach across the firm, there will inevitably be some differences in working practices across our business groups and business support functions. We consider each member of staff's personal preferences, working styles and development needs when deciding the best arrangements to suit our clients and colleagues. A typical approach would be a blend of working in your usual office, working from another Blake Morgan office, working from a client's office and working from home. A Guide to getting the most out of Smart Working Policy is available for our employees. You will be a core part of the team and able to access the technology, support, training and resources you require.
Blake Morgan is one of the UK's leading full service law firms, with offices in London, Wales, Thames Valley and the South Coast region. We provide our clients with practical and straightforward legal advice whatever their regional, national and international requirements. Our clients are commercial businesses, not-for-profit organisations, government agencies and private individuals.
Our business groups are:
Banking and Finance
Commercial and Charities
Commercial Recoveries and Travel
Employment, Pensions, Benefits & Immigration
Our office locations and details of how to reach them are found here.
How to Apply
Please apply on our website through our Online Portal.
Closing Date: Within two months from date of posting but please note we are continually reviewing applications so we would recommend applying sooner rather than later.
Interviews: The interview process will start as soon as suitable candidates have been identified. We will notify you in advance if you are required to carry out a drafting exercise/skills test as part of the interview process.
If you have any questions, please email Rebecca Donnelly at Rebecca.Donnelly@blakemorgan.co.uk or telephone on 023 8085 7217.
Please note that we are currently only accepting CVs from direct applicants.
Our Culture and Environment
We pride ourselves on our Personality, which is weaved into everything we do for our staff, clients and communities alike. We have created an environment underpinned by our ACTS framework that places high value on being:
It's part of the way we like to do things. If you wish to work amongst colleagues with these behaviours, then you will find yourself amongst likeminded individuals at Blake Morgan.
We work as one team and believe in supporting our colleagues to strengthen the firm. We act honestly and openly in all that we do. We care for our communities and encourage all our people to actively participate in our sports, social and charitable activities. We foster a mature and smart flexible working environment which is family friendly. We also offer opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge and to progress within the firm via our Blake Morgan Academy. We seek to be transparent in all of our dealings with applicants and ensure that you have all the information you need to understand our recruitment process to decide whether or not the role and our firm are right for you. If you have any questions, please email Rebecca Donnelly at Rebecca.Donnelly@blakemorgan.co.uk or telephone on 023 8085 7217.
Blake Morgan strives to create and maintain a positive, non-discriminatory work environment. We will ensure that all applications for vacancies will be considered without discrimination against any person on the basis of race, colour, religion, disability, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or marital status. We strive to ensure that our shortlisting and interviewing panels are diverse. Further details about our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion can be found here.
Some of the benefits of working at Blake Morgan include:
* 26 days' annual holiday and option to purchase 1 weeks' leave
* Birthday holiday, should your birthday fall on a working day
* Performance related bonus scheme
* Private medical insurance including access to a health advice helpline
* Auto-enrolment pension scheme (5% employer pension contribution when employee contributes 3%)
* Life assurance scheme
* Critical illness cover
* Cash Plan - claim for flu jab, health screening, optical and dental plus a range of wellbeing and health services
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Professional subscriptions
* Free parking or travel season ticket loan depending on your office location
* Cycle to work scheme
* Discounts at leading retailers
* Volunteering leave
* Recruitment referral scheme
* Gifts at key lifestyle and career milestones