We are looking to hire an Associate / Senior Associate to take on a growing number of high calibre instructions and to contribute to the development of this dynamic practice.
The role sits within the wider commercial team in our friendly and modern Cardiff office and offers an excellent opportunity for a motivated lawyer who is looking to take the next step in their career.
You will be able to rely on support from team members across the firm. Our lawyer teams are also well supported by our Business Services Finance, HR, IT and Risk functions.
We are currently working remotely and will continue to work predominantly in this way on an informal basis until government guidelines change and likely beyond. Therefore, so as long as you would be able to come to one of our offices at least twice per week, client and team requirements depending, you will be able to undertake this role. You will be a core part of the team and able to access the technology, support and resources you require.
It has been said that Wales is experiencing the fastest growing digital economy outside London. Cardiff is at the heart of this growth in both the private and public sectors. Our well-established Technology practice in Cardiff has advised on some of the largest projects in the UK. We have an enviable client base ranging from major procurers and funders of technology projects to established technology-rich businesses and innovative start-ups, combined with a strong dedication to the financial services and fintech sectors. We have a lot to offer an ambitious and talented lawyer wanting to work in the capital of Wales, which is also one of the most dynamic and pleasant cities in the UK.
We boast strong expertise in advising Government, Universities and industry clients on significant technology projects, including devising innovative procurement strategies and governance structures, and advising across broadband infrastructure, cloud computing, app development, business process outsourcing, ecommerce advice, data protection, cyber security and technology matters.
Skills / Experience Required
You will be an experienced technology lawyer, with a strong background in good quality commercial and technology work across the public and/or private sectors.
We expect candidates for the position to have the following personal attributes:
* Strong technical competence
* Intellectual ability
* Commercial awareness
* Good drafting skills
* A team player – willing to support others and be flexible
* Confident and personable
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
* Enjoy client contact, ability to build rapport and confidence
* Well regarded where you are
* Willingness to get involved and assist with practices and sector development
* Excellent IT skills
* Committed to rigour around treating all clients fairly
* Focused on attributing dedication, determination and loyalty to colleagues, clients and communities
* Able to demonstrate continuous development and diversity in thinking
* Understands and complies with Information Security responsibilities commensurate with this role including Data Protection and the duty of confidentiality
Blake Morgan is one of the UK's leading full service law firms, with offices in London, Wales, Thames Valley and the South Coast region. We provide our clients with practical and straightforward legal advice whatever their regional, national and international requirements. Our clients are commercial businesses, not-for-profit organisations, government agencies and private individuals.
‘In my experience of working with a number of different lawyers, the team at Blake Morgan is first-in-class in every aspect of the work which has been undertaken. Response is fast with relevant backup and is conveyed in a serious but down to earth fashion‘.
The Legal 500 UK 2021
Our business groups are:
Employment, Pensions, Benefits & Immigration
Commercial Litigation South / Wales
Commercial Litigation London / TV
Banking and Finance
Commercial and Charities
How to Apply
Please apply on our website through our Online Portal.
If you have any questions, please email Jo Godwin at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on -01865 254288.
Please note that we are currently only accepting CVs from instructed agencies and direct applicants.
Our Culture and Environment
We pride ourselves on our Personality, which is weaved into everything we do for our staff, clients and communities alike. We have created an environment underpinned by our ACTS framework that places high value on being:
It's part of the way we like to do things. If you wish to work amongst colleagues with these behaviours, then you will find yourself amongst likeminded individuals at Blake Morgan.
We work as one team and believe in supporting our colleagues to strengthen the firm. We act honestly and openly in all that we do. We care for our communities and encourage all our people to actively participate in our sports, social and charitable activities. We foster a mature and smart flexible working environment which is family friendly. We also offer opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge and to progress within the firm via our Blake Morgan Academy.
Blake Morgan strives to create and maintain a positive, non-discriminatory work environment. We will ensure that all applications for vacancies will be considered without discrimination against any person on the basis of race, colour, religion, disability, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or marital status. We strive to ensure that our shortlisting and interviewing panels are diverse. Further details about our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion can be found here.
Some of the benefits of working at Blake Morgan include:
* 26 days' annual holiday and option to purchase 1 weeks' leave
* Birthday holiday, should your birthday fall on a working day
* Performance related bonus scheme
* Private medical insurance including access to a health advice helpline
* Auto-enrolment pension scheme (5% employer pension contribution when employee contributes 3%)
* Life assurance scheme
* Critical illness cover
* Cash Plan - claim for flu jab, health screening, optical and dental plus a range of wellbeing and health services
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Professional subscriptions
* Season ticket loan (Cardiff, London and Reading)
* Cycle to work scheme
* Discounts at leading retailers
* Volunteering leave
* Recruitment referral scheme
* Gifts at key lifestyle and career milestones