We are looking for an experienced Legal Assistant to support our busy and growing team of fee earners in the Succession and Tax team across our London and our Southampton offices. This role will be based out of the London office with a requirement to travel to other offices as and when needed.
The core working hours are Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm, with flexibility of working from home, although attendance in the office will be required at least three days a week.
This will be a busy role providing support to qualified lawyers alongside Legal Support Assistants, so some experience in a paralegal/legal support role is desirable.
The successful candidate will enjoy working in Private Client and have good client service skills, a positive approach to team working as well as the ability to work on their own initiative, organise themselves and their work. The position requires someone who is approachable and confident with an ability to remain calm under pressure. Flexibility in both work content and working across teams is essential.
You should be capable of prioritising your own busy and varied workload to ensure that any matters with which you are involved are progressed efficiently, as well as being able to support colleagues in a way that assists them to do the same.
The role will include:
* Assisting lawyers with their caseload
* Direct contact with clients, other solicitors and third parties
* General administrative duties
* Assisting partners/solicitors in the wider S&T team as and when required
Skills / Experience Required
* Previous legal work experience – ideally in Private Client
* Previous administration experience essential
* Law Degree or GDL preferable
* Good IT skills essential
* Demonstrates dedication, determination and loyalty to colleagues, clients and communities
* Able to demonstrate continuous development and diversity in thinking
* Committed to rigour around treating all clients fairly
* Understands and complies with Information Security responsibilities commensurate with this role including Data Protection and the duty of confidentiality
The Blake Morgan Private Client Business Group includes lawyers from a variety of disciplines providing specialist advice to individuals and their families. The Tax and Trust team comprises specialist trust lawyers and administrators, who advise individuals and their families on all aspects of tax and trust law as part of a wider wealth protection strategy. This includes UK and offshore tax and trust advice, trust reporting obligations and assistance with the creation, management and termination of trusts. The probate team has specialist lawyers who provide advice to personal representatives and have a wealth of experience negotiating with HMRC to ensure the right amount of tax is paid and any tax-saving opportunities are identified in respect of a deceased person's estate.
Blake Morgan is one of the UK's leading full-service law firms, with offices in London, Wales, Thames Valley and the South Coast region. We provide our clients with practical and straightforward legal advice whatever their regional, national and international requirements. Our clients are commercial businesses, not-for-profit organisations, government agencies and private individuals.
Our business groups are:
Banking and Finance
Business Support Services
Commercial and Charities
Commercial Recoveries and Travel
Employment, Pensions, Benefits & Immigration
Our office locations and details of how to reach them are found here.
How to Apply
Please apply on our website through our Online Portal.
Closing Date: Within two months from date of posting but please note we are continually reviewing applications so we would recommend applying sooner rather than later.
Interviews: The interview process will start as soon as suitable candidates have been identified. We will notify you in advance if you are required to carry out a drafting exercise/skills test as part of the interview process.
If you have any questions, please email Rob Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 023 8085 7441.
Please note that we are currently only accepting CVs from direct applicants.
Our Culture and Environment
We pride ourselves on our Personality, which is weaved into everything we do for our colleagues, clients and communities alike. We have created an environment underpinned by our ACTS framework that places high value on being:
It's part of the way we like to do things. If you wish to work amongst colleagues with these behaviours, then you will find yourself amongst likeminded individuals at Blake Morgan.
We work as one team and believe in supporting our colleagues to strengthen the firm. We act honestly and openly in all that we do. We care for our communities and encourage all our people to actively participate in our sports, social and charitable activities. We foster a mature and smart flexible working environment which is family friendly. We also offer opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge and to progress within the firm via our Blake Morgan Academy. We seek to be transparent in all of our dealings with applicants and ensure that you have all the information you need to understand our recruitment process to decide whether or not the role and our firm are right for you. If you have any questions, please email Rob Brown at email@example.com or telephone on 023 8085 7441.
Blake Morgan strives to create and maintain a positive, non-discriminatory work environment. We will ensure that all applications for vacancies will be considered without discrimination against any person on the basis of race, colour, religion, disability, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or marital status. We strive to ensure that our shortlisting and interviewing panels are diverse. Further details about our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion can be found here.
Some of the benefits of working at Blake Morgan include:
* 26 days' annual holiday and option to purchase 1 weeks' leave
* Birthday holiday
* My Time – one working week off for community, faith-based festivals, volunteering, or wellbeing activities
* Profit Share Scheme
* Performance related bonus scheme
* Private medical insurance including access to a health advice helpline
* Auto-enrolment pension scheme (5% employer pension contribution when employee contributes 3%)
* Life assurance scheme
* Critical illness cover
* Cash Plan - claim for flu jab, health screening, optical and dental plus a range of wellbeing and health services
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Professional subscriptions
* Free parking or travel season ticket loan depending on your office location
* Cycle to work scheme
* Discounts at leading retailers
* Recruitment referral scheme
* Gifts at key lifestyle and career milestones