We are looking for a Legal Support Assistant to join the Corporate business group to support the Cardiff based team. The team deal with a wide range of work including Mergers, Acquisitions and Disposals, Reorganisations, Private Equity, Venture and Growth Capital backed transactions, Joint Ventures, Shareholder Agreements and general Company Law advice. The successful candidate will have proven excellent communication and organisational skills required to assist the Solicitors in the team, and support the team leader.
An example of the Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to assigned fee earners;
- First point of contact for clients and 3rd parties;
- Assisting with client meetings as needed e.g. copying documents / ID etc;
- Assist an work cooperatively with other administrators to provide support to other/non-assigned fee earners as appropriate;
- Opening new client/matter in Peppermint/DMS upon receipt of Risk Matrix from lawyer;
- Saving template Terms of Business and template Letter of Engagement to DMS for lawyer to settle;
- ID verification using IDU App where possible;
- Running conflict checks, obtaining AML documents, creating the e-file and all relevant sub-files;
- Undertaking SmartSearches and saving to DMS;
- Printing, filing, scanning and dispatch of incoming/outgoing post;
- Closing files - organising deeds/documents and accounts/billing, archiving;
- Accounts/billing responsibilities including preparing entries in Peppermint, dealing with bankruptcy searches and receipts for monies in and out in accordance with our regulatory requirements, preparing WIP reports, allocating disbursements to matters, preparing draft bills for lawyer approval, managing bill issuance process;
- Collating, analysis and reporting of data as required by lawyers/clients;
- Conference and meeting arrangements, diary management and assisting team with business development activities;
- Dealing with transactional and post-completion tasks such as liaising with IT to set up electronic data sites, preparation of bibles and filing requirements at Companies House; and
- Other ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Demonstrates ACTS value and behaviours
- Strong IT skills and aptitude and able to adapt to new technologies and systems
- Experienced user of Word, Outlook, Excel, Teams and Zoom
- Good working knowledge of Peppermint and iManage DMS preferable (training provided)
- Good manner with clients and third parties
- Excellent communication skills are essential (oral and written)
- Ability to work productively with Partners and staff across the team
- Able to engage fully with our clients and other professionals and organisation contacts to provide excellent service
- Highly numerate
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Willing to learn and improve skills
- A willing team player
- Positive and enthusiastic approach
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Adaptable, flexible and ability to multi-task
- Committed to rigour around treating all clients fairly
- Focused on attributing dedication, determination and loyalty to colleagues, clients and communities
- Able to demonstrate continuous development and diversity in thinking
- Understands and complies with Information Security responsibilities commensurate with this advertised role including Data Protection and the duty of confidentiality
Blake Morgan is committed to adopting Smart Working practices, where appropriate in the context of business needs, and empowering employees to maximise their performance. Whilst we strive to ensure consistency of approach across the Firm, there will inevitably be some differences in working practices across our business group and business support functions. We consider each member of staff's personal preferences and development needs when deciding the best arrangements to suit our clients and colleagues. A typical approach would be a blend of working in your usual office, working from another Blake Morgan office, working from a client's office and working from home. A guide to getting the most out of our Smart Working Policy is available for our employees. You will be a core part of the team and able to access the technology, support, training and resources you require. Blake Morgan is one of the UK's leading full service law firms, with offices in London, Wales, Thames Valley and the South Coast region. We provide our clients with practical and straightforward legal advice whatever their regional, national and international requirements. Our clients are commercial businesses, not-for-profit organisations, government agencies and private individuals.
Our business groups are:
Banking and Finance
Commercial and Charities
Commercial Recoveries and Travel
Employment, Pensions, Benefits & Immigration
Our office locations and details of how to each them are found here.
How to apply
Please apply on our website through our Online Portal.
Closing Date: Within two months from date of posting but please note we are continually reviewing applications so we would recommend applying sooner rather than later.
Interviews: The interview process will start as soon as suitable candidates have been identified. We will notify you in advance if you are required to carry out a drafting exercise/skills test as part of the interview process.
If you have any questions, please email Jo Burnham at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 023 8085 7079.
Please note that we are currently only accepting CVs from direct applicants.
Our Culture and Environment
We pride ourselves on our Personality, which is weaved into everything we do for our staff, clients and communities alike. We have created an environment underpinned by our ACTS framework that places high value on being:
It's part of the way we like to do things. If you wish to work amongst colleagues with these behaviours, then you will find yourself amongst likeminded individuals at Blake Morgan.
We work as one team and believe in supporting our colleagues to strengthen the firm. We act honestly and openly in all that we do. We care for our communities and encourage all our people to actively participate in our sports, social and charitable activities. We foster a mature and smart flexible working environment which is family friendly. We also offer opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge and to progress within the firm via our Blake Morgan Academy. We seek to be transparent in all of our dealings with applicants and ensure that you have all the information you need to understand our recruitment process to decide whether or not the role and our firm are right for you. If you have any questions, please email Jo Burnham at email@example.com or telephone on 023 8085 7079.
Blake Morgan strives to create and maintain a positive, non-discriminatory work environment. We will ensure that all applications for vacancies will be considered without discrimination against any person on the basis of race, colour, religion, disability, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or marital status. We strive to ensure that our shortlisting and interviewing panels are diverse. Further details about our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion can be found here.
Some of the benefits of working at Blake Morgan are here.