We are looking for an experienced legal support assistant with residential conveyancing experience to join our property team in Oxford.
Our Residential Property team is comprised of specialists who deal with all types of property purchases and sales including: freehold and leasehold property sale or purchase, buying property at auction, shared ownership and equity, transfers of equity, residential tenancies and licenses, residential services for business, agricultural tenancies and buying and selling of agricultural land. The team advises national and international clients and offers a professional approach to residential property conveyancing.
Under minimal lawyer supervision, the role will include:
* Assisting partners/solicitors in the residential conveyancing team
* File opening, collation of details, dealing with on line search transactions and enquiries
* Dealing with other solicitors, work providers and clients
The successful candidate will enjoy working in property and have good client management skills, a positive approach to team working as well as the ability to work on their own initiative, organise themselves and their work. The position requires someone who is approachable and confident with an ability to remain calm under pressure. Flexibility in both work content and working across teams is essential. Joining us will mean you will have exposure to a wide range of high quality work and a degree of autonomy and support that is hard to match.
* Scanning post and saving to Document Management System (DMS)
* Opening files including preparing letters of engagement and letters to the solicitors
* Conducting ID smart searches
* Sending clients IDU App with link to carry out photographic ID
* Undertaking conveyancing searches and when received, saving to DMS
* Downloading copy documentation from local authority and other websites
* Telephoning clients and other third parties
* Logging onto LMS to download copy mortgage offers and associated correspondence
* Logging onto Lender Exchange to download copy mortgage offer and associated correspondence
* Logging into LMS and Lender Exchange and uploading pre-completion searches
* Drafting letters for exchange of contracts and sending out as appropriate
* Logging onto Land Registry and undertaking pre-completion searches
* Drafting sale, purchase and remortgage completion statements
* Dealing with completion of sale, purchase and remortgage transactions
* Preparing invoices for sale, purchase or transfer after completion
* Logging onto HMRC website and paying stamp duty and issuing SDLT5 certificate
* Completing purchase questionnaire and sending to Post Completion Team together with relevant documentation
* On completion of registration sending copy titles to lender and/or client
* Logging into Land Registry website and applying for non-standard registration of title
* Checking account ledges and files and dealing with sundry matters
* Closing files and preparing them for submission to Archive Department
Skills / Experience Required
Confident, enthusiastic and personable, able to deal effectively with demanding clients.
* Good communication skills (oral and written)
* Proven IT skills, MS Office experience essential
* Excellent organisation skills
* Exemplary client relationship management skills and commitment to service excellence
* A team player - willing to support others and be flexible
* Motivated and ambitious
* Committed to rigour around treating all clients fairly
* Focused on attributing dedication, determination and loyalty to colleagues, clients and communities
* Able to demonstrate continuous development and diversity in thinking
* Understands and complies with Information Security responsibilities commensurate with this advertised role including Data Protection and the duty of confidentiality
Blake Morgan is committed to adopting Smart Working practices, where appropriate in the context of business needs, and empowering employees to maximise their performance. Whilst we strive to ensure consistency of approach across the firm, there will inevitably be some differences in working practices across our business groups and business support functions. We consider each member of staff's personal preferences, working styles and development needs when deciding the best arrangements to suit our clients and colleagues. A typical approach would be a blend of working in your usual office, working from another Blake Morgan office, working from a client's office and working from home. A Guide to getting the most out of Smart Working Policy is available for our employees. You will be a core part of the team and able to access the technology, support, training and resources you require.
Blake Morgan is one of the UK's leading full service law firms, with offices in London, Wales, Thames Valley and the South Coast region. We provide our clients with practical and straightforward legal advice whatever their regional, national and international requirements. Our clients are commercial businesses, not-for-profit organisations, government agencies and private individuals.
Our business groups are:
Banking and Finance
Commercial and Charities
Commercial Recoveries and Travel
Employment, Pensions, Benefits & Immigration
Our office locations and details of how to reach them are found here.
How to Apply
Please apply on our website through our Online Portal.
Closing Date: Within two months from date of posting but please note we are continually reviewing applications so we would recommend applying sooner rather than later.
Interviews: The interview process will start as soon as suitable candidates have been identified. We will notify you in advance if you are required to carry out a drafting exercise/skills test as part of the interview process.
If you have any questions, please email Amy Mogford at email@example.com or telephone on 029 2068 6273.
Please note that we are currently only accepting CVs from direct applicants.
Our Culture and Environment
We pride ourselves on our Personality, which is weaved into everything we do for our staff, clients and communities alike. We have created an environment underpinned by our ACTS framework that places high value on being:
It's part of the way we like to do things. If you wish to work amongst colleagues with these behaviours, then you will find yourself amongst likeminded individuals at Blake Morgan.
We work as one team and believe in supporting our colleagues to strengthen the firm. We act honestly and openly in all that we do. We care for our communities and encourage all our people to actively participate in our sports, social and charitable activities. We foster a mature and smart flexible working environment which is family friendly. We also offer opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge and to progress within the firm via our Blake Morgan Academy. We seek to be transparent in all of our dealings with applicants and ensure that you have all the information you need to understand our recruitment process to decide whether or not the role and our firm are right for you. If you have any questions, please email Amy Mogford at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 029 2068 6273.
Blake Morgan strives to create and maintain a positive, non-discriminatory work environment. We will ensure that all applications for vacancies will be considered without discrimination against any person on the basis of race, colour, religion, disability, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or marital status. We strive to ensure that our shortlisting and interviewing panels are diverse. Further details about our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion can be found here.
Some of the benefits of working at Blake Morgan include:
* 26 days' annual holiday and option to purchase 1 weeks' leave
* Birthday holiday, should your birthday fall on a working day
* Performance related bonus scheme
* Private medical insurance including access to a health advice helpline
* Auto-enrolment pension scheme (5% employer pension contribution when employee contributes 3%)
* Life assurance scheme
* Critical illness cover
* Cash Plan - claim for flu jab, health screening, optical and dental plus a range of wellbeing and health services
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Professional subscriptions
* Free parking or travel season ticket loan depending on your office location
* Cycle to work scheme
* Discounts at leading retailers
* Volunteering leave
* Recruitment referral scheme
* Gifts at key lifestyle and career milestones