The individual will be exposed to general commercial and civil claims work such as contractual claims, partnership disputes, shareholder disputes and professional negligence cases.
The role will also have a particular focus on public law work in relation to procurement challenges where you will be involved in advising both bidders and contracting authorities on challenges such as those relating to evaluation criteria, scoring methodologies, manifest errors, and limitation issues amongst others. Experience of advising on and/or assisting in judicial reviews and public inquiries work would also be advantageous.
Supporting the wider Commercial Litigation Group as required, we would also expect the role holder to become involved in practice development through writing articles and attending networking events.
You will be able to rely on support from team members across the firm. Our lawyer teams are also well supported by our Business Services Finance, HR, IT and Risk functions.
Skills / Experience Required
* Admitted as a Solicitor of England and Wales and at least 2 – 4 years' PQE level
* Experienced in providing commercial litigation advice with expertise developed at a similarly tiered law firm with a strong reputation in this area of law
* Knowledge of public procurement and/or public inquiries is highly desirable
* Experienced in acting for a range of public and private sector clients
* Interest in Judicial Review matters
* Committed to rigour around treating all customers fairly
* Focused on attributing dedication, determination and loyalty to colleagues, clients and communities
* Able to demonstrate continuous development and diversity in thinking
* Understands and complies with Information Security responsibilities commensurate with this role including Data Protection and the duty of confidentiality
Blake Morgan is committed to adopting Smart Working practices, where appropriate in the context of business needs, and empowering employees to maximise their performance. Whilst we strive to ensure consistency of approach across the firm, there will inevitably be some differences in working practices across our business groups and business support functions. We consider each member of staff's personal preferences, working styles and development needs when deciding the best arrangements to suit our clients and colleagues. A typical approach would be a blend of working in your usual office, working from another Blake Morgan office, working from a client's office and working from home. A Guide to getting the most out of Smart Working Policy is available for our employees. You will be a core part of the team and able to access the technology, support, training and resources you require. Our lawyer teams are also well supported by our Business Services Finance, HR, IT and Risk functions.
How to Apply
Please apply on our website through our Online Portal.
Closing Date: Within two months from date of posting but please note we are continually reviewing applications so we would recommend applying sooner rather than later.
Interviews: The interview process will start as soon as suitable candidates have been identified. We will notify you in advance if you are required to carry out a drafting exercise/skills test as part of the interview process.
If you have any questions, please email Rebecca Donnelly at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 023 8085 7217.
Please note that we are currently only accepting CVs from direct applicants.
Blake Morgan is one of the UK's leading full service law firms, with offices in London, Wales, Thames Valley and the South Coast region. We provide our clients with practical and straightforward legal advice whatever their regional, national and international requirements. Our clients are commercial businesses, not-for-profit organisations, government agencies and private individuals.
Our business groups are:
Banking and Finance
Commercial and Charities
Commercial Recoveries and Travel
Employment, Pensions, Benefits & Immigration
Our office locations and details of how to reach them are found here.
Our Culture and Environment
We pride ourselves on our Personality, which is weaved into everything we do for our staff, clients and communities alike. We have created an environment underpinned by our ACTS framework that places high value on being:
It's part of the way we like to do things. If you wish to work amongst colleagues with these behaviours, then you will find yourself amongst likeminded individuals at Blake Morgan.
We work as one team and believe in supporting our colleagues to strengthen the firm. We act honestly and openly in all that we do. We care for our communities and encourage all our people to actively participate in our sports, social and charitable activities. We foster a mature and smart flexible working environment which is family friendly. We also offer opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge and to progress within the firm via our Blake Morgan Academy. We seek to be transparent in all of our dealings with applicants and ensure that you have all the information you need to understand our recruitment process to decide whether or not the role and our firm are right for you. If you have any questions, please email Rebecca Donnelly at email@example.com or telephone on 023 8085 7217.
Blake Morgan strives to create and maintain a positive, non-discriminatory work environment. We will ensure that all applications for vacancies will be considered without discrimination against any person on the basis of race, colour, religion, disability, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or marital status. We strive to ensure that our shortlisting and interviewing panels are diverse. Further details about our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion can be found here.
Some of the benefits of working at Blake Morgan include:
* 26 days' annual holiday and option to purchase 1 weeks' leave
* Birthday holiday, should your birthday fall on a working day
* Performance related bonus scheme
* Private medical insurance including access to a health advice helpline
* Auto-enrolment pension scheme (5% employer pension contribution when employee contributes 3%)
* Life assurance scheme
* Critical illness cover
* Cash Plan - claim for flu jab, health screening, optical and dental plus a range of wellbeing and health services
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Professional subscriptions
* Free parking or travel season ticket loan depending on your office location
* Cycle to work scheme
* Discounts at leading retailers
* Volunteering leave
* Recruitment referral scheme
* Gifts at key lifestyle and career milestones