We are looking for a Tax Lawyer to join the busy and diverse tax practice at Blake Morgan. You will be joining the Corporate business group but will be providing advice to a number of teams as well as to clients directly. Ideally, you will be working from the Cardiff office. You will be able to rely on support from team members across the firm. Our lawyer teams are also well supported by our Business Services, Finance, HR, IT and Risk functions.
We are currently working remotely and will continue to work predominantly in this way on an informal basis until government guidelines change and likely beyond. Therefore, so as long as you would be able to come to one of our offices at least twice per week, client and team requirements depending, you will be able to undertake this role. You will be a core part of the team and able to access the technology, support and resources you require.
The position offers the opportunity to work on a broad variety of matters. The tax team works across disciplines in the firm and therefore you will gain an understanding of a number of different sectors. This makes the role both interesting and challenging at the same time. We also work for both public and private sector clients.
You will work on a range of topics, from the straight-forward to the very complex, and typically be involved in the following:
* M&A transactions, both UK and cross-border
* Corporate restructuring
* UK real estate
* Share option schemes and management remuneration structuring
* Employee taxes and benefits (including termination packages)
* Ad hoc legal advice
* University spin-out structures.
Skills / Experience Required
* Solid relevant technical expertise and intellectual ability
* Enthusiastic and genuinely interested in tax
* Strong analytical skills. While the role doesn't generally require a knowledge of complex mathematics, being comfortable with more basic maths would be a pre-requisite.
* Good communication skills
* Dedication, determination and loyalty
* Collegiate and team-playing approach
* Relationship-driven, approachable and people oriented
* Excellent client care skills
* Exceptional self-motivation and ability to assume responsibility for your own matters
* Understands and complies with Information Security responsibilities commensurate with this role including Data Protection and the duty of confidentiality
Blake Morgan is one of the UK's leading full service law firms, with offices in London, Wales, Thames Valley and the South Coast region. We provide our clients with practical and straightforward legal advice whatever their regional, national and international requirements. Our clients are commercial businesses, not-for-profit organisations, government agencies and private individuals.
Our business groups are:
Banking and Finance
Commercial and Charities
Commercial Recoveries and Travel
Employment, Pensions, Benefits & Immigration
How to Apply
Please apply on our website through our Online Portal.
If you have any questions, please email Jo Burnham at email@example.com or telephone on 023 8085 7079.
Please note that we are currently only accepting CVs from direct applicants.
Our Culture and Environment
We pride ourselves on our Personality, which is weaved into everything we do for our staff, clients and communities alike. We have created an environment underpinned by our ACTS framework that places high value on being:
It's part of the way we like to do things. If you wish to work amongst colleagues with these behaviours, then you will find yourself amongst likeminded individuals at Blake Morgan.
We work as one team and believe in supporting our colleagues to strengthen the firm. We act honestly and openly in all that we do. We care for our communities and encourage all our people to actively participate in our sports, social and charitable activities. We foster a mature and smart flexible working environment which is family friendly. We also offer opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge and to progress within the firm via our Blake Morgan Academy.
Blake Morgan strives to create and maintain a positive, non-discriminatory work environment. We will ensure that all applications for vacancies will be considered without discrimination against any person on the basis of race, colour, religion, disability, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or marital status. We strive to ensure that our shortlisting and interviewing panels are diverse. Further details about our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion can be found here.
Some of the benefits of working at Blake Morgan include:
* 26 days' annual holiday and option to purchase 1 weeks' leave
* Birthday holiday, should your birthday fall on a working day
* Performance related bonus scheme
* Private medical insurance including access to a health advice helpline
* Auto-enrolment pension scheme (5% employer pension contribution when employee contributes 3%)
* Life assurance scheme
* Critical illness cover
* Cash Plan - claim for flu jab, health screening, optical and dental plus a range of wellbeing and health services
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Professional subscriptions
* Season ticket loan (Cardiff, London and Reading)
* Cycle to work scheme
* Discounts at leading retailers
* Volunteering leave
* Recruitment referral scheme
* Gifts at key lifestyle and career milestones