A generalist Trainee HR Administrator with day to day responsibility for firm-wide administration activity associated with a busy HR department. This includes file maintenance, pre-employment checks, absence administration, external course bookings, diary and event management, working with highly confidential information and dealing with a wide range of enquiries. The Trainee HR Administrator must be confident, organised, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including a good telephone manner.
The successful applicant will spend one day a week at college studying a Business Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship.
* Deal with general correspondence relating to all HR matters
* Ensure all employee data is processed in accordance with GDPR and Information Security
* Respond to general queries quickly and confidently, asking for guidance when necessary
* Record planned and unplanned absence on the HR Information System
* Process invoices for signature and onto accounts for payment
* Produce regular management information reports
* Ensure all employee files are up to date
* Process external course bookings and assist with roll-out of compulsory e-learning programmes
* Ensure all internal training events are added to the BM Academy calendar
* Assisting with production of course materials and set-up for internal training
* Produce weekly induction programme schedules for all new joiners
* Assist with production of the weekly Starters, Movers, Leavers list and liaise with other BSS functions about arrangements for new joiners/leavers
* Assist with setting up recruitment interviews when requested
* Support specialist areas of the HR team when required
Skills / Experience Required
* Good spread of GCSEs (A – C or 4-9) including English and Maths
* Excellent organisational skills are essential
* Ability to work as part of a team and use own initiative
* Confidentiality and discretion are fundamental
* Good writing and IT skills
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Flexible attitude and strong work ethic
* Capable of managing a varied and demanding workload
* Proactive and positive 'can do' attitude
* Previous administration experience would be advantageous
* Willingness to learn and improve
* Committed to rigour around treating all clients fairly
* Focused on attributing dedication, determination and loyalty to colleagues, clients and communities
* Able to demonstrate continuous development and diversity in thinking
* Understands and complies with Information Security responsibilities commensurate with this role including Data Protection and the duty of confidentiality
Blake Morgan is one of the UK's leading full service law firms, with offices in London, Wales, Thames Valley and the South Coast region. We provide our clients with practical and straightforward legal advice whatever their regional, national and international requirements. Our clients are commercial businesses, not-for-profit organisations, government agencies and private individuals.
Our business groups are:
Banking and Finance
Commercial and Charities
Commercial Recoveries and Travel
Employment, Pensions, Benefits & Immigration
Our office locations and details of how to reach them are found here.
How to Apply
Please apply here via the gov.uk site.
Closing Date: Within two months from date of posting but please note we are continually reviewing applications so we would recommend applying sooner rather than later.
Interviews: The interview process will start as soon as suitable candidates have been identified. We will notify you in advance if you are required to carry out a drafting exercise/skills test as part of the interview process.
If you have any questions, please email Jo Burnham at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 023 8085 7079.
Please note that we are currently only accepting CVs from direct applicants.
Our Culture and Environment
We pride ourselves on our Personality, which is weaved into everything we do for our staff, clients and communities alike. We have created an environment underpinned by our ACTS framework that places high value on being:
It's part of the way we like to do things. If you wish to work amongst colleagues with these behaviours, then you will find yourself amongst likeminded individuals at Blake Morgan.
We work as one team and believe in supporting our colleagues to strengthen the firm. We act honestly and openly in all that we do. We care for our communities and encourage all our people to actively participate in our sports, social and charitable activities. We foster a mature and smart flexible working environment which is family friendly. We also offer opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge and to progress within the firm via our Blake Morgan Academy. We seek to be transparent in all of our dealings with applicants and ensure that you have all the information you need to understand our recruitment process to decide whether or not the role and our firm are right for you. If you have any questions, please email Jo Burnham at email@example.com or telephone on 023 8085 7079.
Blake Morgan strives to create and maintain a positive, non-discriminatory work environment. We will ensure that all applications for vacancies will be considered without discrimination against any person on the basis of race, colour, religion, disability, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or marital status. We strive to ensure that our shortlisting and interviewing panels are diverse. Further details about our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion can be found here.
Some of the benefits of working at Blake Morgan include:
* 26 days' annual holiday and option to purchase 1 weeks' leave
* Birthday holiday
* Performance related bonus scheme
* Private medical insurance including access to a health advice helpline
* Auto-enrolment pension scheme (5% employer pension contribution when employee contributes 3%)
* Life assurance scheme
* Critical illness cover
* Cash Plan - claim for flu jab, health screening, optical and dental plus a range of wellbeing and health services
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Professional subscriptions
* Free parking or travel season ticket loan depending on your office location
* Cycle to work scheme
* Discounts at leading retailers
* Volunteering leave
* Recruitment referral scheme
* Gifts at key lifestyle and career milestones