Our Travel team act for claimants and defendant insurers and airlines following accidents or claims that occur abroad or during travel. We are looking for a lawyer to join the team and are looking for transferrable skills. You do not need to have worked in a travel claims environment and we will provide training and supervision.
The team handles the full range of injury claims to include catastrophic injuries, such as head and spinal injuries and amputations and all manner of insurance disputes. We are award winning and have some of the leading lawyers at the cutting edge of this very interesting area of law. Many of our claims have been reported upon.
Our clients come first. We are a commercially focused and friendly Travel team, dedicated to getting the right results for our clients whatever their circumstances.
This is a very interesting area of practice. For the right person, with ambition and the strongest possible commitment to client service, we believe we can offer you a stimulating and rewarding career in a highly professional and supportive environment.
We have a vacancy for a Solicitor/Chartered Legal Executive/Paralegal within our team. If you want to join an ambitious and supportive team and you are well respected where you are for the quality of your work then we would be delighted to speak with you.
Skills / Experience Required
* The position would suit an experienced Personal Injury Lawyer with either claimant or defendant experience
* Travel claims or litigation to include personal injury experience would be a benefit but not essential
* Whilst not essential, modern foreign language ability in German, Spanish, French or Italian would be of benefit.
* Confident and personable
* Able to place clients at ease and build rapport
* Previous experience of good quality, relevant work
* Understands the commercial aspects of delivering legal services
* A team player - willing to support others and be flexible
* Strong academics
* Motivated and ambitious
* Enjoys getting involved in practice development
* Expertise, attitude and track record are important
* Strong telephone manner
* Ability to work within a fast paced environment
* Experience in proving excellent level of client/customer service
Blake Morgan is committed to adopting Smart Working practices, where appropriate in the context of business needs, and empowering employees to maximise their performance. Whilst we strive to ensure consistency of approach across the firm, there will inevitably be some differences in working practices across our business groups and business support functions. We consider each member of staff's personal preferences, working styles and development needs when deciding the best arrangements to suit our clients and colleagues. A typical approach would be a blend of working in your usual office, working from another Blake Morgan office, working from a client's office and working from home. A Guide to getting the most out of Smart Working Policy is available for our employees. You will be a core part of the team and able to access the technology, support, training and resources you require.
How to Apply
Please apply on our website through our Online Portal.
Closing Date: Within two months from date of posting but please note we are continually reviewing applications so we would recommend applying sooner rather than later.
Interviews: The interview process will start as soon as suitable candidates have been identified. We will notify you in advance if you are required to carry out a drafting exercise/skills test as part of the interview process.
If you have any questions, please email Rebecca Donnelly at Rebecca.Donnelly@blakemorgan.co.uk or telephone on 023 8085 7217.
Please note that we are currently only accepting CVs from direct applicants.
Blake Morgan is one of the UK's leading full service law firms, with offices in London, Wales, Thames Valley and the South Coast region. We provide our clients with practical and straightforward legal advice whatever their regional, national and international requirements. Our clients are commercial businesses, not-for-profit organisations, government agencies and private individuals.
Our business groups are:
Banking and Finance
Commercial and Charities
Commercial Recoveries and Travel
Employment, Pensions, Benefits & Immigration
Our office locations and details of how to reach them are found here.
Our Culture and Environment
We pride ourselves on our Personality, which is weaved into everything we do for our staff, clients and communities alike. We have created an environment underpinned by our ACTS framework that places high value on being:
It's part of the way we like to do things. If you wish to work amongst colleagues with these behaviours, then you will find yourself amongst likeminded individuals at Blake Morgan.
We work as one team and believe in supporting our colleagues to strengthen the firm. We act honestly and openly in all that we do. We care for our communities and encourage all our people to actively participate in our sports, social and charitable activities. We foster a mature and smart flexible working environment which is family friendly. We also offer opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge and to progress within the firm via our Blake Morgan Academy. We seek to be transparent in all of our dealings with applicants and ensure that you have all the information you need to understand our recruitment process to decide whether or not the role and our firm are right for you. If you have any questions, please email Rebecca Donnelly at Rebecca.Donnelly@blakemorgan.co.uk or telephone on 023 8085 7217.
Blake Morgan strives to create and maintain a positive, non-discriminatory work environment. We will ensure that all applications for vacancies will be considered without discrimination against any person on the basis of race, colour, religion, disability, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or marital status. We strive to ensure that our shortlisting and interviewing panels are diverse. Further details about our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion can be found here.
Some of the benefits of working at Blake Morgan include:
* 26 days' annual holiday and option to purchase 1 weeks' leave
* Birthday holiday, should your birthday fall on a working day
* Performance related bonus scheme
* Private medical insurance including access to a health advice helpline
* Auto-enrolment pension scheme (5% employer pension contribution when employee contributes 3%)
* Life assurance scheme
* Critical illness cover
* Cash Plan - claim for flu jab, health screening, optical and dental plus a range of wellbeing and health services
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Professional subscriptions
* Free parking or travel season ticket loan depending on your office location
* Cycle to work scheme
* Discounts at leading retailers
* Volunteering leave
* Recruitment referral scheme
* Gifts at key lifestyle and career milestones